Also referred to as Teeth in a Day or immediate implants, same-day dental implants provide a convenient alternative to patients who need to replace missing teeth with an implant. Dental implants are designed to replace both the foundation of a tooth and the exposed crown. By placing a titanium post into the jawbone where the roots of your tooth once were, our Colorado
Springs dental implant dentist can replace a missing tooth and restore your ability to eat, speak, chew, and smile just like before.
Previously, it would take multiple visits to our Colorado Springs dental office to complete the placement of a dental implant and crown. But now with same-day implant and CEREC crown technology available to our patients, Dr. Kazemi can have you smiling with confidence after just a single appointment.
If your smile is affected by the loss of one or more teeth, you may want to consider the use of dental implants for a variety of reasons, such as:
- You feel self-conscious about the appearance of your smile.
- Missing teeth impact your ability to speak.
- A missing molar or incisor can make it difficult to eat.
- Not replacing a missing tooth can cause neighboring teeth to shift and move out of place.
- Bone loss can occur in the area of the jaw surrounding a missing tooth.
- Missing teeth can cause the structure of your face to appear sunken or saggy.
Most patients choose implants to replace one or more missing teeth, or to support a full set of dentures. Dental implants are made of a highly durable titanium, a sterile material easily accepted by the body. In the U.S., over 5 million implants are placed by dentists each year.
Dental implants offer patients a number of advantages, including:
- Improved appearance and restored function to a smile diminished by one or more missing teeth.
- Improved support for bridges, and full and partial denture that prevent unwanted slippage or movement in the mouth.
- A secure fit, making bridges and dentures function and feel more like natural teeth.
- Improved support also means improved comfort for patients with dentures.
- Prevention of jawbone shrinkage as a result of missing teeth.
- Outstanding value, as dental implants can last a lifetime when supported with quality oral hygiene.